COBRA STARSHIP
As far as music goes, they suck. I mean, as far as my nitpicky tastes go, they suck. But that's also why I can't stop loving them. I don't have a single infectious/childishly written dancebop electric club almbum in my entire iTunes library- except them. And the reason? They're okay with being less than perfect. I quote:
"I came here to make you dance tonight; I don't care if I'm a guilty pleasure for you"
So there. All my arguments ("They suck!" "I like good music!" "Keytars aren't supossed to be cool!" "They're too tall to be musicians!" "I'm too white to dance!")? Null and void.
THE ACADEMY IS...
A BUNCH OF GIRLS. Namely, their lead vocalist, Willam Beckett (second from the right). He prances, wears tight jeans, sings about love, looks entirely too womanly to be a man... and is inexplicably one of the hottest things since the discovery of fire. What's wrong with me? Dunno, maybe I was dropped as a child. That's probably it. I mean... their lyrics are cringe-worthy ("I wait here everyday/ In case she scratches her face/ she'll never notice"), but... goddamn if they aren't lovable. The whle group of people involved in "Fueled by Ramen" (whose title makes me squirmy and uncomfortable- I can't voice it in public) are simply oozing charisma. The bands, all fairly mainstream, warp-tour-types (Cobra Starship, The Academy Is, Gym Class Heroes, Panic at the Disco, etc.), are all pretty dismal (although, to their credit, I have yet to so much as listen to PATD for fear of liking them). However; one look at their tour pictures and videos and you will find yourself charmed by the trendyhip douchebaggery/sweetness of it all.
I promise to follow up next time with a list that outlines my true loves of music... for now, you'll have to deal with my mainstreamies.

No comments:
Post a Comment